Helen's Trust are passionate about the support they are able to provide to people with a terminal illness who wish to remain in their own home.
This role is to be part of a bank team who will be able to cover our Referrals Coordinaotrs when required. Responsible for the co-ordination and management of all referrals to Helen's Trust.
The role may suit someone who is happy with a limited number ours, ideally with a health and social care background.
Job Title: Bank Referrals Coordinator
Responsible to: Chief Executive
Working hours: Zero hours contract, working hours are 9am- 4pm including a 20 minute paid break
Bank staff will be approached to find out their availability to cover Referrals Coordinator’s annual leave or absence.
Salary: £8.50 per hour
Base: You will be based at our office at 2 Granby Road, Bakewell, DE45 1ES.
Job Purpose: Responsible for the co-ordination and management of all referrals to Helen’s Trust, to meet the needs of our beneficiary group, within the charity’s service criteria. To ensure continuity you will be required to cover two consecutive days.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• To ascertain eligibility for support from Helen’s Trust.
• To coordinate appropriate Helen’s Trust support with contracted agencies, statutory care providers and beneficiary/representative.
• To act in the best interest of our beneficiary, ensuring all communications are sensitive and appropriate.
• To signpost referrer to other services where appropriate
• To keep thorough records of communications and details relating to all referrals.
• To act as a representative of Helen’s Trust at all times, increasing awareness of charity and reflecting the charity’s ethos.
• Employees must be aware of the responsibilities placed on them by the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and its amendments and ensure that the agreed safety procedures are carried out to maintain a safe condition for staff, volunteers, contractors and any visitors to the work location.
• Helen’s Trust is committed to equal opportunities in employment.
• To carry out any other reasonable duties within the charity.