Online and paper entries now open!
Join us for a spectacular run in the beautiful grounds of Chatsworth Estate. Bloomers of Bakewell will once again be providing Bakewell Puddings for the first 250 runners over the line!
We are delighted to welcome BRM Solicitors as our headline sponsor this year.
Thankyou to our supporters Westfield Health, Irwin Mitchell Solicitors, Bloomers of Bakewell, The Eye Place, The Ear Place, Buxton Water, Banner Plant, Ledgard Jepson, Giraffe Graphics, Sunshine Coffee, Bakes and Bars, Up and Running.
You can enter the 10k online by clicking the button at the top of the page or download a paper entry for the 10k or 3k - forms are at the foot of the page, these can be posted in advance of the race to our office or bring with you on Sunday 28th June to our registration tent. Alternatively, you can complete a form at our registation area on the day. N.B 10k places are limited.
All money raised supports people in North Derbyshire with terminal illness who wish to remain in their own home at the end of their lives. If you feel able to raise sponsorship you can set up a Just Giving page and/or download a sponsorship form at the bottom of this page
The 10k starts at 9.30am and 3k fun run at 11.30 am
10k - £20.00, Early bird to 31st January £18, on the day entry £22 - affiliated runners receive £2 discount.
3k - Adults £6.00, children £4.00
You must be 15 years old or over to enter the 10k run.
Is the race chip timed? The 10k run is chip timed and your chip and runner number will be in your race pack. Please wear the chip on your ankle or trainer, it will not activate if on your wrist.
The 3k is not chip timed.
What is the course like? The route of the 10k run is flat at first, then climbs steeply then steadily up to the lakes where it is flat, then descends and the final stretch is flat. This is a multi terrain course on tarmac, grass and stoney track.
The route of the 3k run involves a flat outward leg on tarmac, a brief uphill section on grass, a relatively flat return leg ending with a short downhill section on grass.
For both runs marshalls will be stationed along the course.
When do I collect my race pack? Race packs are available from Helen's Trust, Unit 2 Granby Road, Bakewell DE45 1ES from Monday 22nd June to Thursday 25th June or on the day at the registration tent.
Is the race covered by a race licence? Yes, the licence number for this year is 2020-38984
Where do I register for 10k/3k? Online by clicking on the online registration button or by downloading a paper entry form at the bottom of this page.
How much is it? 10k – Early bird to 31st January 2020- £18.00, then £20.00 and £22 on the day registration price (Affiliated runners receive £2 reduction)
3k - £4 children £6 adults
I’m running the 10k do I need to pay to run the 3k with my children?Having paid a race fee for the 10k, you won’t have to pay a 3k fee for yourself however you will need to pay for children or anyone who hasn’t paid the fee to run the 10k.
What time does the race start?
9.15am – 10k warm up at the start line
9.30am – 10k start
11.30am – 3k start
Where can I leave my bag? In the baggage drop, belongings need to be collected by 12.15pm
Where can I buy a running vest? They can be purchased with online and paper registrations.
Where do I get my results? They will be available at registration, updated at intervals as runners reach the finish; and available within 24 hours at www.helenstrust.org.uk and on our social media platforms.
Is it the fastest 250 who receive a Bakewell Pudding? Not necessarily, it is the first 250 over the line.
Do 3k entrants get a race number? Yes, however the 3k run is not a chip timed race.
What are the prizes?
1st male and female £75
2nd male and female £50
3rd male and female £25
Veteran male (over 40) and female (over 35) – trophy
Veteran male (over 60) and female (over 55) -trophy
What do runners receive? All runners in both 10k and 3k receive water, a snack and a medal.
Can I defer my place? Unfortunately not, it is never guaranteed that the race will be held each year. To discuss extenuating circumstances please contact email@example.com
Can we exit towards the house?
Exit is via the Golden Gates
Exit via Chatsworth Main entrance, will ONLY be possible when the road is clear of 3k runners we anticipate 12.30pm
Can I leave my car here whilst we visit/picnic/go for a walk? Yes, although the Golden Gates will be closed from 1pm and therefore you will need to exit via the main entrance.
We’d like to visit the house/garden/playground is this ok? Yes, although there will not be vehicle access along the road to the house until around 12.30pm providing the road is clear of 3k runners.
Whats facilities are available? There are portable toilets available in the race arena. Refreshment stands, activities for children including face painting. A cake stall and sports massage for pre and post run.
Terms and conditions
1.Applicants are reminded that taking part in a 10k event can be a significant physical challenge. It is recommended that you prepare and train for this event. Please consult your doctor for a check-up if you have not exercised for some time or before undertaking any exercise programme.
2. For Reasons of Safety: No entries are permissible from people on roller skates, in pushchairs or carrying any objects which may inhibit their progress or the progress of others.
3. Payment: Only those who have made payment in full will receive a race number and participate on the day.
4. Pets: Unfortunately entrants are not permitted to run with any pets, with the exception of guide dogs for visually impaired entrants. Please inform the organisers in advance if a visually impaired runner is to be accompanied by a guide dog. Well behaved dogs are permitted in the race arena, providing they are on a lead and it is accepted that they are the full responsibility of their owner.
5. Race Numbers: Race numbers are not interchangeable. For health and safety reasons the swapping or sale of race numbers is strictly prohibited.
6. Mailing List: Your details will be added to our mailing list so we can keep you informed about Helen's Trust news and events. This information will NOT be shared with other organisations for any purpose. If you prefer your details not to be included please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know. Please note, in compliance with the General Data Protection Act 2018 you have the right of access to your personal records held on our computer.
7. Use of Image: By entering this race you give permission for the free use of your image to be used for marketing and promotion by Helen's Trust at any time.
8. Race Cancellation: If, due to unforeseen circumstances, the event is cancelled our entire liability in respect of all costs and expenses you may incur as a result will be the entry fee paid, and will be treated as a donation to Helen's Trust and received with thanks.
9. Refunds: As is standard procedure with the majority of UK road races, unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds to runners who cannot take part, for whatever reason.
10. Change of Details: You should notify the organisers of any change of address or email address. Please email email@example.com or write to Helen's Trust, Unit 2 Granby Road, Bakewell, DE45 1ES.
11. First Aid: Volunteers and marshalls in attendance at the race are not medically trained and will not give medical assistance. In the event that medical assistance is required, volunteers and marshalls will request assistance from a member of our official First Aid supplier (RTC Medical), the race doctor, ambulance or paramedic.
12. Race Mementos: Only those who finish the 10k and 3k races will receive a memento.
13. Disclaimer: By completing your online entry you are consenting to the following disclaimer: I accept all conditions of entry set herein, notified to me prior to the race or displayed at the race, of any instruction given to me by the organisers or officials of the race. I acknowledge that the organisers and officials of the race shall not be liable in any manner for death, personal injury or for any loss or damage consequential or otherwise whatsoever as a consequence of my participating in the Chatsworth 10k or 3k Fun Run for Helen's Trust 2020.
14. Entry Policy: Entrants must be at least 15 years of age on the 28th June 2020 to enter the 10k race. Entries cannot be assigned, transferred or sold to any third party.