What we do
Helen's Trust provides support to terminally ill people who wish to be cared for and to die at home in North Derbyshire and the High Peak.
We fund and coordinate non-nursing care such as sitting services overnight and regular carer respite during the day. We offer to source equipment such as recliner chairs, overbed tables and bath seats.
Our Mission is to enable anyone with terminal illness to have the choice to stay in their own home at the end of their life and if this can be made easier by equipment or extra care, we consider funding it.
Our Values and Beliefs are:
- Respect, Dignity and Compassion - for everyone we work with
- Motivation - we seek to go the extra mile at all times, recognising how important our timely intervention can be
- Professionalism - we are a credible organisation and one which is fully accountable to those who support and benefit from it
- Engaged - we seek to ensure we are engaged with, and embedded in, our local communities
- Equality - we seek to ensure that our services are available to all suitable individuals