Our team of experienced health care assistants provide day-time and overnight (10pm to 7am) sits to offer the chance for carers to have a night’s sleep or to shop, undertake essential tasks, or just to relax. We work closely with your primary care team e.g. your district nurses, GP, and others involved in your care. Helen’s Trust staff will follow the district nurse’s care plans to ensure both safety and continuity of care.
Since April 2020, Helen’s Trust has been working in partnership with Blythe House Hospicecare to bring home care to more patients across the High Peak, Derbyshire Dales and North East Derbyshire.
- Caring - Treating each person with kindness, empathy, compassion and respect
- Aspiring - Continually learning and developing; striving for excellence in everything we do
- Professional - Delivering high standards through team work, a skilled workforce and good governance
Our measurable benefits and quality outcomes:
- Patient’s preferred place of care and death is met
- Reduction of avoidable hospital admission
- Expedite discharges from acute or in-patient hospice setting to home
- Reduction in GP visits
- Reduction in calls to out of hours services
- Reduction in level of anxiety for both patients and their carers